Other parts of this series:
COVID-19 is global crisis and no industry is immune. The universal imperative is for governments and organizations to take immediate action to protect their people. But even as companies and people deal with immediate impacts, they need to look to strategies that will secure the survival and longevity of their businesses.
The impacts of COVID-19 on businesses vary in severity and complexity. Travel and tourism companies have been hit hard. Insurance is experiencing a greater impact than from previous pandemics and economic shocks. Retail and consumer goods organizations are dealing with stock shortages due to production delays, disrupted manufacturing, and broken supply chains. Conferences, events and gatherings are being postponed or cancelled entirely.
To protect their people, organizations are re-examining how their workplaces operate, and how their people work.
The time to act is now.
The right decisions now can help businesses swiftly navigate the crisis, and set the foundations for how they operate in future. Accenture, with its global workforce has created a very successful elastic workplace environment. Building on its deep experience, it has created an Elastic Business Workforce solution that provides a framework to guide businesses through the process.
So what actions can businesses take to help them avoid business disruption and potential revenue loss, forge new levels of trust with their workforce, and position their businesses for greater resiliency and productivity in the future?
|IMMEDIATE ACTIONS TO ENSURE BUSINESS CONTINUITY AMID COVID-19
Three foundational steps
There are three major foundations to consider putting in place.
Protect and empower your people
- Adjust your workplace to enable your people to work remotely through digital collaboration tools.
- Build the necessary skills around these new ways of working.
- Start cultivating a digital culture.
- Construct a workplace of trust.
Serve your customers’ core needs
- Adapt to changing global and local conditions by serving your customers’ core needs. This includes being transparent in your operations and compassionate in your engagements—all of which will create deeper, more trusted relationships.
Establish business continuity
- Ensure supplier relationships and business-to-business processes are effectively supported.
- Develop new business processes to adapt to new ways of collaboration and decision-making.
Join me tomorrow as I look at how to begin planning and practically implementing these foundational structures.